Thursday, June 13, 2013

Hope in Therapy

I don't like therapy.

I am practiced at avoiding, suppressing, repressing, compartmentalizing and just generally not dealing with tgt (the gay thing).  Since that is the major presenting issue at therapy it has been a a hard road.

Today however I see a light at the end of the tunnel and am reasonably certain that it is not a train bearing down on me.  The therapist and  I talked about both the baby steps I am doing and some more I can do to continue to move toward being who I am.  Right now I am hopeful.  I dread the conversation that is in the reasonably near future with C.  But I believe the conversation is possible. 

Interestingly, just as therapy was ending C called to say that our oldest's therapist thinks that my coming out to the kids would be a good thing.  Another hurdle to talk about next week.  I may not be bursting down the doors of the closet, but I am standing up and fighting to be who I am.

It is said that hope springs eternal.  I'm not so sure abut the eternal piece, but know am committed to nurturing that hope as I continue to move toward being who I am.



1 comment:

  1. I'm a happy for you. It sounds like, little by little, things are unfolding and you are taking your chance and fighting for what you believe in. Just hang in there. Everything is possible.

    - KathieRayAnnis.com

    ReplyDelete