Saturday, June 25, 2011

The smell of ocean

We made it. 5 hours of driving. For logistical reasons we take two vehicles. The oldest and I left first. We missed our goal of 7 am. Thank god. The oldest likes coffee, but Starbucks was a bit strong for the oldest taste.

Sad news. No Internet connection. Have to use the phone and type with my thumbs.



Feels good to be here. I grew up with this sort of geography. And the smell of the ocean. I love the smell of the ocean. Sand on the feet. The wind.

It's been a bit hectic getting everything set. The people before us and or the cleaning people leave a lot to be desired.

Time to be the kids.

(3 hours later) We went to the beach and found a sand dollar. I used to find them by the dozen as a kid.


It feels wonderful to have my feet in the water.


The last time we were here, 2 years ago, we were in the same house. I remember getting here and going to bed. I don't think I could get out of my own way for the first couple of days. It was only a few months PD (post disclosure).

So much has changed in the past two years. So much remains the same. It has indeed been and continues to be a long strange trip.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. Hope you have a great vacation and get a little time to go to P-town!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P-Town - I was there on vacation last year in August. It was so good and the environment was so accomodating to gay culture - it was Family Collage when I was there. I had never seen anything like that before - gay family and the diversity - it was really eye-opening. I did a post on it on my blog!

    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete