Monday, May 16, 2011

Morning has broken?

I re-read the last few post of the blog and realized that they were all very depressing, lacking hope and to some extent lacking perspective. 

Some time on Friday last I decided to (or perhaps it just happened) look where my feet are, to stay in the moment and enjoy what I have.  I told C that in the morning as she was heading off to her parents for a visit.  I told her as well that right now I am here where I am. 

I had a wonderful weekend with the kids.  Friday night when I got home from work the younger ones and I mowed the lawn while the oldest one made dinner.  We then had a wonderfully relaxing day on Saturday.  I left the house only to get the newspaper (which wasn't even there).  Sunday was busy as usual. 

Morning seems to have broken on the mood I'd been in last week.  Or perhaps it's more like "Light dawns on Marblehead." 

Right now I decide to be where I am and not worry about where I am going.  There is a heck of a lot of work to do in the here and now - especially since I did not do much last week.

I have no clue what that means for this gay, married to a woman man.  But right now I live with and in that paradox.   Tomorrow is another day to be lived in that moment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment