Friday, September 27, 2013

Progress?

Wow.  I feel both lighter and heavier today.

On Monday at couples therapy I was able to indicate, while crying like Niagara Falls, that the marriage cannot go on as it is.

This is the big one I've been avoiding and fearing for a while.

The world did not come to an end.  While I knew it would not intellectually, I still did emotionally have concern about that.

C is okay.  She's only lashed out once - and was correct in her assessment that our move to the Midwest from the east was a mistake.  At least it was in the sense of the gay thing.  She then apologized.  I do not think I would be doing as well as she is.  Her poise and strength here make it all that much harder.

I know there will be tough times going forward - but we have the chance to do this well.

Goals for the day:

1.  Show up - be available for C
2.  Breathe
3.  Keep taking the psych meds - yep I'm back on anti-depressants for the past few days.


No comments:

Post a Comment